Scope of questions for State exams of Bachelor's degree program
Branch: Physics of Plasma and Thermonuclear Fusion
Subject: Mechanics of Materials
Subjects regarding the questions:
- 14TEM Engineering Mechanics
- 14DYLS Dynamics of Linear Systems
- 14EME1 Elastomechanics 1
- 14FKO Physics of Metals
- 14ZZKS Examination and Processing of Metals and Alloys
1. Forces and moments transmitted by slender members, truss girders.
2. Statics withfriction, rolling and environment drag resistance.
3. Strain and stress in bodies, pure tension and compression, Hooke's law.
4. Elastic stress and strain during symmetrical and unsymmetrical pure bending, moment-curvature relation, statically indeterminate situations.
5. Kinetic motion equations of dynamic systems.
6. X-ray, electron and neutron diffraction, interaction of radiation with matter, Bragg's law.
7. Phase diagrams, binary alloy crystallization, segregation, dendritic growth.
8. Microstructure of materials, crystal lattice defects, diffusion in metals and alloys.
9. Basic mechanisms plastic deformation, hardening of singlecrystals and polycrystals.
10. Characterization of microstructure and mechanical properties.